Network downtime is frustrating and very costly to millions of businesses all over the world. Out-of-band systems mitigate the costs and frustrations of IT downtime.
Opengear developed this infographic to help illustrate the issues involved and the potential risks that can be mitigated with a solid out-of-band management strategy:
Top Causes Of Network Downtime:
- 55% Hardware Failure
- 22% Human Error
- 18% Software Failure
- 5% Natural Disasters
Cost/Incidence Of Outages:
- Estimates of average downtime per outage range from 7.5 hours for clouds, private data centers and traditional hosting providers, to 30 hours for SMB outages.
- On average, it takes 9 hours to recover from a 14-hour IT downtime episode.
- 91% of those surveyed have had a data center outage in the past 24 months.
- 1.2 Billion human hours per year are lost to downtime across the globe.
Cellular Out-Of-Band Equals Resilience
- OOB is going cellular! 4G/LTE wireless offers speeds up to 1,000 times faster than a 56K modem.
- Cellular data plans provide reliability at a fraction of the cost – companies can save up to 90% of a monthly phone bill.
- Cellular out-of-band management affordably minimizes network downtime with always-on management access and control